NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Members of Art Gallery of Northumberland will be held at Art Gallery of Northumberland, 55 King Street West, Cobourg, on Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 7:00 p.m. for the following purposes:
- To receive the report of the Board of Directors on the past year’s operations
- To receive and consider the Financial Statements for the year ended March 31, 2015 together with the Auditor’s Report therein.
- To appoint the Auditors for the ensuing year.
- To approve changes to existing by-laws of Art Gallery of Northumberland. (See proposed changes.)
- To elect the Board of Directors for the ensuing year.
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the meeting or any adjournment thereof.
The Board of Directors of the Gallery encourages you as Members to Art Gallery of Northumberland to attend the Annual General Meeting.
Dated this 4th day of June, 2015.
BY THE ORDER OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
President, Board of Directors
Temporary Suspension of Operations
On January 5, 2015, the Board of Directors of the Art Gallery of Northumberland announced that the gallery will temporarily suspend operations on February 1, 2015 to allow the board to develop and implement a new business plan that will ensure the economic viability and community relevance of the gallery. All costs including staffing will be minimized during this review period.
The AGN's Boutique in Port Hope will remain open and continue to show the work of local artists. The hours of operation will be Wednesday-Saturday: 11-5 pm,
Sunday: 1 - 4 pm.
Thanks to our Sponsors
The AGN gratefully acknowledges the recent contributions of two sponsors:
Thanks to Cobourg's Home Hardware for donating the paint needed to repaint the gallery before its September opening. With the help of volunteers and Home Hardware, the gallery will look in top form for its September 10th opening.
And thanks to the United Way's Days of Caring who have given us a grant to provide shelving for the AGN's storage room in the basement of Victoria Hall. The much-needed shelving will help the gallery better organize its limited space.