AGN Mission Statement: The AGN engages the individual and the community in arts experiences that educate and inspire.
Exhibitions are developed on an ongoing basis. The AGN is dedicated to stay current and responsive to the outside arts community. In this spirit, unsolicited submissions from artists and curators are accepted. The review process provides a valuable resource for programme development and a means of keeping in touch with artist’s production.
Exhibition Proposals: All submissions are looked at thoughtfully. However, due to high volume, not everyone may receive a personal reply. Those of special interest may be followed up by further correspondence and a studio visit as appropriate. Exhibitions at the AGN are selected by the Programming Committee. The Director is a member of this Committee. We are working to confirm exhibitions 18 months in advance. The AGN exhibition program is invitational, and we frequently issue invitations based on submissions received from artists and curators. All exhibitions are curated and insurance will be covered while the works are on-site. Please note that all art sales inquiries will be forwarded to the artist.
Type of Proposals: Solo or group exhibitions, curatorial projects, collaborative community projects, and traveling exhibitions. We explore all types of media, technique and style, a variety of presentation strategies and uses of the exhibition space and diverse content and voice. Priority is given to art and artists that achieve outstanding results, demonstrate consistency, concentrated investigation, creative and imaginative investment, and have a capacity to engage public audiences on a variety of levels.
What to Include:
- Cover Letter
- Artist statement (including media, theme or context, technique)
- Up-to-date C.V. or résumé and include current contact information, relevant artistic experience, education, exhibitions, publications, and any other pertinent information
- Maximum of 20 images on a well labeled CD (please format as JPEG at 300 dpi)
- Corresponding key list of images indicating title, date, medium and dimensions
- Relevant support material (articles, critical reviews, catalogues, publications, samples of writing – if applicable)
- If you require return of your images, please include a self-addressed stamped envelope
- Any other special requirements (plinths, cases, audio visual equipment)
- Do not send original material
How to Submit: by Mail or E-mail
E-mail: email@example.com (up to 2 MB)
Mail to: Curatorial Review
Art Gallery of Northumberland
55 King St. W.
Cobourg, ON K9A 2M2
Please note: All submissions will be treated with care, however, the Art Gallery of Northumberland assumes no responsibility for loss or damage to material submitted. Please do not send original material and include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the requested return of any materials.
The AGN pays artist fees for exhibitions, workshops and public talks at the recommended CARFAC fee level; note that CARFAC fees are negotiable. The AGN is a member of the Ontario Association of Art Galleries and the Canadian Museum Association and subscribes to a code of professional standards, ethics and legal requirements as set forth by these organizations.